I recently presented to the board of a local nonprofit. The organization dabbled in social media, but it’s board wanted to learn more and see what other nonprofits were doing, before beginning its long-term strategic planning.
In the process of building the presentation, I uncovered many great social media resources for nonprofits. I also added a few tools I think are helpful for any organization.
Do you have others to add to the list?
Hands-on Social Media Tutorial
- Standing Partnership’s Social Media Workshop: http://workshop.standingpartnership.com
Making the Case with Analytics and Demographics
- Nonprofit Social Network Benchmark Report: http://nonprofitsocialnetworksurvey.com/
- Nielson Social Networking Study: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/online_mobile/what-americans-do-online-social-media-and-games-dominate-activity/
- Forrester’s Groundswell Profile Tool: http://www.forrester.com/Groundswell/profile_tool.html
- Brian Solis’ Demographics Overview: http://www.briansolis.com/2010/03/the-age-of-social-networks/
- Social Media Influence Analysis Tool: http://www.socialmention.com/
- Nonprofit Technology Network: www.nten.org/blog
- How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: http://beth.typepad.com
- Have Fun, Do Good Blog: http://havefundogood.blogspot.com
- Nonprofits 2.0: http://nonprofits.change.org
- We Are Media: www.wearemedia.org
- Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog: www.nonprofitmarketingblog.com